Friday we got to go meet the teacher and check out her class. Ava has Ms. Garza and is in a class with 20 kids. She sits at table #7 and next to her sits Shepard, who actually went to the same school for Pre-K as she did (I am so grateful for a familiar face, but think she would do great either way). None of the other kids we know from the neighborhood are in her class, but I am certain she will get to see them at recess. Ava gets to have music class 3 times per week with Ms. Farmer (a quintessential example of a Texan music teacher - she looks like she came straight out of Steel Magnolias - accent and all!), then she will have P.E. 3 times too (though we really think it's crazy that it is not every day...when did that happen?!?), and art and computer once per week. We are walking to and from school, as we live close enough and there is no way we want to sit in a 45 minute carpool line if we can avoid it!
Sofia also had a blast checking out Ava's class - she thought she should go there too!
So we brought home our announcements and a very special envelope that Ava was not supposed to open until Sunday night. The weekend seemed to fly by, and Ava was super excited to see what was in the envelope. When she opened it, she found a poem and confetti. The poem said:
The night before school is exciting and fun.
There are always so many things to be done.
Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things you will do.
Lots of questions go through your mind.
All types of thoughts of every kind.
But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep.
And that makes it hard to fall fast asleep.
So I’ve made this magic confetti for you,
Full of promises for the whole year through.
On the night before your first day of school,
When you lay down your head, just sprinkle some
Magic confetti under your pillow in bed.
The confetti will help you sleep through the night
And wake up in the morning fresh and bright!
Sweet Dreams!
Ava LOVED the idea and sprinkled the confetti all under her pillow, then it was time for lights out. She kept wanting extra hugs and squeezes, which I was more than happy to give, but I asked her if everything was okay. She said "yes, but I am just going to miss you when I am at school" - that, of course, was more than enough to unleash the tears from my eyes! Fortunately with the lights out, Ava couldn't see me crying. I told her I would miss her too, like I always do when she is at school (Montessori or Pre-K), but that I would be so excited to hear all about her day when I picked her up. She didn't cry, she just wanted extra cuddles.
Morning came, Ava was ready to get her backpack on, wanted a French braid, had breakfast, brushed teeth, and we were ready to go. It was a beautiful morning, so we had quite a nice walk to school. We went around the path behind the school to avoid all the cars, and I'm so glad we did. Someone had decorated the path with all these sweet messages, it made it all so special. I can't believe kindergarten is here already!! Fortunately, with my tears the night before, we had no tears this morning!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment