Of course, when we start to walk towards the corner, the anxiety caused by the firetruck's sirens starts to set in. Ava was not too keen on getting very close, though she did want the candy Santa was going to throw. Sofia was more focused on staying warm to care too much about the noise; and Alex was eager to see the firetrucks up close as long as we were with him.
When it was our turn, Ava was grabbing on to my leg, while I tried to hand Sofia to Santa and Alex was freaking out. Daddy tried to put Alex on Santa's lap (big mistake!), but he somehow contracted every muscle he had to shrink up his body away from Santa. Daddy then handed Alex to me, so that we could attempt a picture. Below is what we accomplished: Ava hiding behind me squeezing my hand with a timid smile, Alex terrified in my arms, and Sofia totally content but with her dress all bunched up above her waist...oh, how these traditions can be amusing!
Sofia was wondering why Alex was screaming his head off!
Ava was way more into decorating ornaments for the rest of the time, while Alex just kept looking over his shoulder to make sure that hairy guy did not sneak up on him again. I asked Alex what was wrong and he responded "I'm scared. Santa is going to get me!", to which I replied "No, Santa is going to get you presents, he is nice, he doesn't want to get you"...though I am not sure it really helped.
Sofia was just as happy as can be. She was sweet and smiley to everyone, thinking she was such a big girl since she was turning 7 months old today!
I have to find yours and you can post it. bjs
ReplyDelete