Friday, July 26, 2013

Ava and the things she says!

The other day we were pulling in our driveway, and Ava saw our neighbor's mother, Deanna, standing in their driveway. Ava said:
Ava - Mommy, can I say hi to Larry?
Me and Daddy - Larry?
Ava - Yes, Larry.
Me - Who is Larry?
Ava - Stacey's (our neighbor) mom.
Me - Stacey's mom's name is Deanna.
Ava - Well I call her Larry, she said I could call her anything I want.
Daddy and I cracked up laughing! I don't know where she came up with Larry, but it is true that Deanna had told her she was welcome to call her anything she wanted.  I love how literal Ava took her...though she knew very well that she was being funny.
--
One night at bedtime, after reading her a bedtime story, Ava wanted to play a little with Sofia.  However, I had just seen her picking her nose, so I said:
Me: Ava, did you just pick your nose?  Now you can't touch Sofia, because you have germs on your hands.
Ava paused for a moment, looking at her hand...
Ava: But I used my right hand, right? So I can use my left hand to touch Sofia, because my left hand doesn't have germs. All said with a little smile on her face.
Me: How do you know which is your left hand? Do you know your right from your left?
Ava: 'Cuz I'm smart! This is my right hand, this is my left. This is my right leg, this is my left!
I had no idea she really knew her right and left so well.  She cracks me up with her logic and reasoning...I am definitely in trouble! :)
--
Ava had been looking through my purse and came across a name tag of mine that I use at work functions.  It has my name, title, and a border of various country flags.
Ava - What's this?
Me - It's my name tag for work.
Ava - Looking at it very carefully...But, I don't see your name. It doesn't say "M-O-M".
Me - You're right, but it says Sandra on there.
Ava - Hey! I see the flag for Brazil!
Vovo would be very proud that Ava can spot the flag so quickly!  I giggle thinking of how in school I went from being Christina's little sister, to Bob's big sister, to now having my name be "mom"!

No comments:

Post a Comment