We're getting closer! We are now at the 35 week mark, and everything is still looking great.
I've been able to slow down my weight gain by a little bit by eating a little healthier, more fruits and veggies, and indulging a little less on the sweets and breads. I had been on track to gain about 40 pounds with this little one, but that would be just too much weight on me - I was starting to get concerned that it might make labor and delivery more difficult. I gained about 25 pounds with Ava, then about 35 pounds with Alex (but I started out underweight with him, so in the end I was the same final weight as I was with Ava), so I didn't want to go overboard with this little one. Fortunately my food choices along with a little insulin resistance techniques have helped to slow down my weight gain to a more normal (for me) progression.
God has truly blessed us with amazing little ones and with amazing pregnancies. This time around I've also been able to keep doing pilates/yoga throughout the pregnancy. I was going to keep going as long as I could, and so far I've still been able to keep it up. With Ava's pregnancy, I was able to workout doing my samba classes until I got a kidney stone around 5 months in. With Alex's pregnancy, I was just too tired and my main exercise was just chasing Ava. So I've been pretty happy to be able to keep working out with this little one, since it also helps me get focused and ready for labor.
I noticed the other day that the picture log I have been keeping periodically shows quite an amazing belly progression. Every week I wonder how I could possibly get any bigger and make more room for this little one, but somehow it becomes possible! Pregnancy is such an incredible journey!
14 weeks 22 weeks 29 weeks 35 weeks
There's still time for guesses though, so bring them on!! Girl or boy? Birth date? Weight? Length? Your guess is as good as mine! :)

you are almost there! bjs
ReplyDelete