Alex and I both had great birthday celebrations!
Mine was supposed to be a little more low key, but my wonderful office surprised me with a surprise birthday/baby shower party. They had streamers decorated with baby items and cards, and balloons ALL OVER the office. It was such a great surprise, and totally unexpected. I thought they would do our usual small cake and card that we tend to surprise each other with, but certainly not this. Agnes had even created a flowchart poster for taking care of baby #3, in honor of my procedure-happy habit of making flowcharts for everything in our office. :)
On my actual birthday, we decided to go out to dinner (me, Cliff, kids, Vovo, Grammy, & Grandpa - Voovoo was in Brazil). It was nice and low key, perfect for an evening out with still plenty of time to get the kids home and in bed and have a little relaxing time afterward.
For Alex's actual birthday, I made him cupcakes to take to his class at school. The teachers invited Ava to join his class to sing happy birthday to him, so she got to participate too. Then we also had a little birthday party for him on the weekend - we had invited a few friends too, but most had plans. It turned out great! We had great weather, great company (Andy, Leslie & the boys, Vovo & Voovoo, Tia Chris, Grammy & Grandpa), great food, and great fun. The kids all played super well together, and it was so nice to have Andy, Leslie, Greyson, Asher, and Quinn come over to spend the day. Leslie was so great to even come over a little early to do some maternity photos for baby #3, just staying true to tradition as she did photos for my pregnancies with Ava and Alex. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!
I still can't believe my little guy is already 2! He is sweet, kind, happy, simpatico, smart, loves to laugh, loves his sister, and is such a wonderful blessing. I just love this kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment