Yes, I said it, "FIRST" haircut! I know, I know, she is 3.5 years old already, shouldn't she have had a haircut by now? Well her hair is curly, and fine, and took forever to grow in, and was never in her eyes, so what would have been the point? She likes her hair long! I guess it's kind of like mine... though I am growing mine out for as long as I can stand it before I chop it off and donate it. But enough of the excuses! When I picked her up from school on Thursday, a particularly windy Thursday, her hair was one big knotted mess! Her hair had been getting increasingly difficult to comb, especially because the ends were so fine and got so easily tangled, so I decided it was time. I looked up hairdressers in the area and read the reviews, but couldn't find any that had particularly good reviews for kids haircuts. So that's when I decided I would just do it myself. I googled "how to cut kids hair" and "how to cut curly little girl's hair", found some tips, went and bought haircutting shears, and told Ava that when she woke up from nap that mommy was going to cut her hair - with special scissors (I'm still hoping that will deter her from trying out her scissors on her hair or Alex's hair!).
To my surprise, Ava was quite on board. She seemed pretty excited about it, and I was glad that it was not going to be a battle. So once she got up from nap, we got to work, chopping off all the ends, adding a little bit of layers, and getting some more body in her hair. It turned out great! We cut off about 2 inches, so there is still plenty of length, but it looks so much healthier! And at least curly hair is a little more forgiving when it comes to possibly being a little uneven in places ;)
Watching a little cartoons to keep her head straight ;)
Sitting very still for mommy
Such a big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment