Wow! I can hardly believe my eyes! I am feeling a little overwhelmed, a lot excited, and completely surprised! Sure I have been feeling a little bloated, tired, and hungry; but then again the kids have had colds, I've not been been sleeping that well because of their waking up at night, and have had a harder time getting a chance to eat since they both want/need more attention. I have only had one cycle since Alex was born, so I wasn't that focused on when my next period might come.
But last night, I was a feeling a little weak and a little nausea while waiting for Daddy and Ava to go pick up dinner for us and jokingly mentioned to Vovo on the phone that "who knows, maybe I'm pregnant" - haha! Then, just to get that idea out of my head, I stopped by Walgreens on my way home from the gym and bought a 3 pack of pregnancy tests. I figured I would go ahead and use up one, just to get that thought out of my head as I waited on my period to come, and then I would still have 2 more left for when we actually started trying for baby #3 later in the year. So off I went to take the test, while Daddy seemed to be out walking around with the kids.
I could not believe my eyes! The test immediately showed what I thought to be positive!!! I hadn't really read the directions for what the "positive" indicator looked like on that particular test, but it looked pretty positive to me. I grabbed the instructions, and sure enough - POSITIVE!!!! My first reaction was excited, then shocked, then "really!?!", then a little overwhelmed - just because I had not thought about trying for baby #3 for a few more months...just trying to get in better shape first, then giddy and so happy. I immediately went outside to look for Daddy and the kids, and saw them coming around the corner, back from their walk around the block. Ava was pulling Alex in the wagon, using all her weight to keep moving forward, and Daddy looking quite relaxed, so I asked "Did you have fun with our kids?"
Daddy: Yes, of course! We went for a walk twice around the block, but Ava has been pulling Alex for at least half the time! :)
Me: What do you think of having another one?
Daddy: Are you asking me or telling me something?
Me: What do you think about a belated birthday surprise?
Daddy: Are you serious?
Me: Yep! I'm totally surprised and a little overwhelmed, but I just took a test and it came back positive!
Daddy: (gave me a kiss) That's great! If we are going to have a third, I would rather it be sooner than later! :)
So here we go! God has blessed us with one more!! And although I was thinking of a completely different timeline, God's plan is always best. I have already thought through a million reasons for why this is going to be WAY better than what I was originally "planning".
welcome to your big family, little one! Vovó loves you already!!! bjs
ReplyDelete