In case you didn't realize that there are letters all around us, try looking at the world through Ava's eyes.
Last Tuesday morning, like most mornings on the way to school, Ava had been singing songs, talking up a storm, observing everything outside. As we were approaching downtown on the HOV lane, she all of a sudden started saying "why".
Ava: why, why, why, why, why, why, why...
Me: Ava, why are you saying "why"?
Ava: I see the letter "Y"! Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
I was a little puzzled, but then I looked up a little and spotted exactly what she was seeing! The letter "Y"!!!
Me: Oh, I see it Ava! You are SO smart! You're amazing!
Ava: Yes, I'm smart! I am amazing!
It's incredible the things you will see when you look at the world through the eyes of an amazing little Ava :)
This morning, she once again noticed the Y's and started counting them in Portuguese. "Um, dois, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, sete, oito, nove, dez", then she said "oh no! where did they go?". We had passed all of them, and she seemed to be a little bummed out wanting to see more, but in true Ava fashion she soon giggled and said "mommy! I see an "H"!"... I kid you not!
My picture is a little blurry, but you see what I mean! I am not quite sure how many letters she knows, she is only 2.5 years old, but I'm slowly finding out!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment