At lunch today we were talking about some of our favorite things. However, ours was not limited to consumerism, ours was much more valuable - it was about all things in life!
Question: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Ava: I want to be an author and an illustrator, because I am really good at stories and drawing. I already wrote my first book!
Alex: I want to be a fireman, and a teacher, and a cowboy, and Santa
Question: What are your favorite colors?
Ava: Pink, white, and blue
Alex: Red and blue
Question: What are your favorite foods?
Ava: Chocolate and ice cream
Alex: Pasta and bananas
Question: If you can go anywhere, where would you want to go?
Ava: I want to go to other countries, because I like going to new places
Alex: I want to go to Grammy's house
(Sofia) - both Ava and Alex agreed that Sofia would like to go to Vovo's house
Question: What's your favorite season?
Ava: Mine is winter, because I want to ice skate in Antarctica.
Alex: Mine is winter and summer
Question: What is your favorite month?
Ava: Mine is December, because of Christmas.
Alex: Mine is April, because that's when my birthday and your birthday is Mommy!
The kids absolutely loved this game of sharing all their favorite things. I just can't wait for Sofia to start chiming in! And it is true, Ava has already written and illustrated her first book - just see below!
But of course there was one little mess up that was not included in the final version. It was the mirror image writing that occurs when Ava forgets to write left to right. If she accidentally starts writing right to left, her letters all flip backwards too. I am fascinated by this!
love all these stories. the children will love them too. wonderful register of their childhood. keep it up, it is a treasure forever.
ReplyDeletebjs