Ava:
And then what happens?
Lately Ava keeps coming up with questions about things she sees, hears, and becomes curious to know more. These stories go something like this:
After seeing part of some movie Voovoo had on tv, where someone who had been fallen in a pool.
Ava: If you fall in the deep end of the pool, then what happens?
Me: Then you swim to the side and get out
Ava: But what if you can't swim? Then what happens?
Me: Then you flip over on your back and float and call for help.
Ava: But what if you go under the water? Then what happens?
Me: Then mommy would see you, jump in and help you get out. That's why you can only go swimming when there is an adult with you, right?
Ava: Yes, but what if you can't get me, then what happens?
Me: Mommy will get you, Ava. These stories always creep me out. I don't want to cause anxiety in her, but I hate how these go on and on and on. I know she is just curious about the unknown, but it's hard to know exactly what to say!
The humming game
Ava came up with a game that she loves to play in the car - the humming game. When I asked her how to play this is what she said:
"Let's play a game where I will do a song like "hmmm, hmmm, hmmm" and you have to guess what it is, but you need to guess the wrong song two times, before you guess the right one." Guess this is one way to make the game last longer - funny and creative!!
Ava: I'm almost in kindergarten, you know!
Me: Yes, I know!
Alex: Mom, I want to go to a blue garden!
too cute!
Ava's funny remarks:
- I can only see forward and sideward, not backward!
- Nossa means woah, right?
- When telling me about the Thanksgiving story she listened to at school, she mistakenly thought they were saying "aliens" instead of "native American indians"! hahaha
Alex:
Alex giggles at pretty much everything. He loves anything silly and always seeks to find the humor in things. He also is amazingly laid back and doesn't ever really take offense to anything. If you correct him on something, he doesn't argue or seem defensive, instead he just says "Oh!" - he is a wonderful example to follow.
Lately he has two favorite funny words/comments he loves to interject at any given moment:
"Shawn"- it's a favorite word because it sounds fun - it is sometimes used to call someone as a name "mommy-shawn" or just as something to make him giggle. He will use it for no reason at all, just as a filler, and it makes him giggle every time.
"Blah blah" - "I want some cereal blah-blah" (giggle). It works well when he wants to participate in conversations, but isn't quite sure of how to do it. It makes me giggle anytime he uses it!
"Thems" - as in "I have two of thems" - it only makes sense that it should be plural!!
Alex also has developed a love/hate relationship with our gardener, Marvin. Every time he hears any lawnmower going, he is convinced it must be Marvin. He appreciates that Marvin is making our yard or Vovo's yard "look so pretty", but he hates the noise. The noise makes him scared, uncomfortable, anxious, and he also has gotten it in his head that the lawnmower might cut someone or cut Bo. If Bo is outside, he starts to cry and desperately asks me to let Bo in so that "Marvin doesn't cut him". I haven't quite figured out how to calm these fears, but I do what I can. On the other hand, he also gets a huge kick out of pretending to be Marvin, and giggles at himself when he comes in to say "Como estas!?!" Almost anything will function as a blower or lawnmower, and he'll even use a little girl tea-party hats as a straw hat like Marvin wears sometimes! That kid cracks me up! :)
Alex is just pure love and really is the sweetest boy. He often looks at Sofia, and on his own he will just say to her "Sofia, you're so pretty!" or "I really like your hair bow, you are beautiful". It just melts my heart, because he is really saying it to her.
Alexson
Alex: “Grammy, Daddy calls me Alexson”
Grammy: “Alexson?”
Alex: “Yes, he calls me Alexson”
Me: “Yes, when Daddy is trying to get your attention he will say “Alex, son, please sit down in your chair”
Grammy: “Oh, haha, I get it”
Alex: “Yeah, Daddy says Alexson” – he doesn’t get it ;) hahaha
Sofia:
mama - first wordbaba
dada
giggles at almost everything her siblings do!
No comments:
Post a Comment