Friday, February 22, 2013

Pregnancy #3 - stats, updates, guesses anyone?

Well since I did this post at 29 weeks with Alex, I figured it was only fitting to do it once again with this little nugget growing inside at 29 weeks as well.

This pregnancy has been very similar in some ways to the previous two, and unique in its own ways - of course I am also older, chasing two little ones around, having two little ones climbing all over me, etc.

Once again we did not find out if we are having a boy or a girl, because we really enjoy the surprise.  Ava is convinced it's a sister and that we should name her Cinderella or Belle, but now understands that God gets to pick if it will be a boy or a girl and is open to the idea of a boy...but still convinced it will be a princess. ;)

This little one is positioned slightly differently than what I remember the other two, since it seems like his/her back is more on the inside with little arms and legs facing my belly button.  I feel AND see a TON of movement, usually around 7am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm-10pm, and often around 3-4am.  We'll see if these "awake" patterns continue after the baby comes!  I know baby is head down, since I feel these little arms/hands moving right around my pelvis.  I also feel and see larger movements (must be the legs and feet) right above my belly button, often moving from one side all the way to the other.

I've craved breads, cakes, and carbs quite a bit with this pregnancy - and indulged quite a bit during the first two trimesters...of course this has resulted in a somewhat accelerated weight gain comparatively speaking, so I am working on indulging a little less, cutting out juice, and adding in more protein for a healthier balance.  I just don't want to overdo it - I've done great at keeping up with exercise, mainly yoga and pilates, and want to be as healthy as possible for this little one too.


Pregnancy #1 (Ava)
Pregnancy #2 (Alex)
Pregnancy #3
Morning Sickness
No
No
No, unless I was hungry
Cravings
Sweets, fruits/veggies
Sweets, hearty meals
Sweets, carbs/breads
Baby's heartrate
120-145
148-160
 145-165
Weight gain
steady
same as #1
Fast at first, slowing down now
Belly shape
round, out front
round, out front
round, out front

 
 

And just for fun, check out this little one's moves ;)  Watch the nice little body roll at the 20 second mark!





So let the guessing games begin!! :)
 
For the record:
Ava was 6 lbs. 3 oz.(2.8kg) and 18.5 inches long (47cm) and born 2 days before her due date.
Alex was 6 lbs. 14 oz.(3.1kg) and 20 inches long (51 cm) and born 2 days before his due date.

Email me your guess:
Sex -
Birthday (official due date is May 10) -
Baby's weight -
Baby's length - 

No comments:

Post a Comment