Alex's language skills are developing at lightning speed. It really seems like only two weeks ago there was not much that we understood at all, but then all of a sudden he was saying complete sentences! He seems to share another few words or new sentences on a daily basis now. So basically, as soon as I post my list will be out of date!
i-wan-dat = I want that
i-wan-a-nana = I want a banana
i-wan-a-cacker = I want a cracker
i-wan-can = I want candy (thanks to Halloween)… working on un-learning this one!
i-wan-go-nai-nai = I want to go night night, to bed for nap or at bedtime after bath.
aw-maann! = oh man!! (this is used anytime he spills something or makes a mess)
mo = more
i-do-coco = I did coco/I have a dirty diaper
bo = bo or most other dogs
nao = no ;)
ok = to agree to anything
dagun = daddy and some other male relatives
voo-voo (tight-lipped) = Voovoo
va-va! = Vovo
mama = mommy
daad = daddy
agun = Ava (usually)
pun-kim = pumpkin
boh = ball
Alex knows plenty of other Russian and Japanese words that we don’t understand, but we are working hard on learning his language. I am certain he says quite a bit more, but we are just slow these days. Ava enunciates words so clearly and well, that we just don’t pause long enough to decipher Alex’s actual attempts at trying out new words he’s picked up. But we’re getting better.
My favorite is the new “no” that has just recently come about. It is usually accompanied by the shaking of his head, in addition to a smirk that says “I just figured out I have the power to control something!”. I also love the i-wan-go-nai-nai, because I usually say “okay, go tell Daddy and Ava night night” and he will go to each one, lean in, give an ever so sweet kiss, with a sheepish smile, that is just totally Mr. Simpatico!
No comments:
Post a Comment