Sunday, April 1, 2012

the art of flattery

Ava: Mommy can I have some more kiwi.

Me: Sure, I'll get you some in just a minute, okay?

Ava: No, not in just a minute. Right now! (in a very whiny voice)

Me: Ava, that's not nice, don't talk to Mommy like that. I will get you some milk in just a minute, I am feeding Alex right now.

long pause...

Ava: Mommy, you're adorable.

Me: Thank you Ava!

Ava: I really like your purple shirt!

Me: Thank you. :)

short pause...

Ava: Mommy, can I have some more kiwi please? (no whining this time)

Me: Sure Ava :)

Daddy and I just looked at each other and laughed.  What to do...what to do. :)


... at the tender age of two, Ava has already mastered the art of flattery!

1 comment:

  1. a very polite little girl! that is all she hears, so that is what she will say. love you soooooooooooooooooooo much. bjs, vovó.

    ReplyDelete